I Love Good Vibes!

Posted on Sunday, May 1, 2011 by Mr. Tambay

Good Vibes Logo (Photo from Good Vibes Official Facebook Page)

Honestly, I do not watch Sunday afternoon shows, but one show just made me tune in to the TV all day every Sunday. Before, right after ASAP, I usually turn off the TV and go outside to hang out with my neighbors and friends. But when this addictive show started, it seems that it is impossible for me to go outside the house every Sunday. Got any clue what show it is? You're right, it's GOOD VIBES.

The Cast of Good Vibes (Photo from ABS-CBN Facebook Note)
The Cast:

Sam Concepcion as Marc Pedroza
Enrique Gil as Troy Cabrera
Arron Villaflor as Franco Mendoza
Ivan Dorschner as Gab Weiss
James Reid as Spencer Ziff
Devon Seron as Maribeth Tamayo
Yen Santos as Ara Gonzales
Coleen Garcia as Monique Castillejo
Linn Oeymo as Geleen Weiss
Chikara Nawa as Wowie Ogiya
Heidi Riego as Jamie Zarate
Kazel Kinouchi as Lea Carlos

The story revolves around Marc Pedroza (Sam Concepcion) and Troy Cabrera (Enrique Gil). Both are enjoying the pleasure of dancing. Marc is an intelligent son of the principal of Northbridge and the President of the Sinagdiwa Dance Troupe of their school. He does everything in all his fields of endeavor with all his might just to gain the attention of his family, especially his dad. He and his family's quiet life suddenly changed when Troy, the other son of Marc's dad to another woman, joined their family when he got orphaned by his mother. Marc felt that all the attention that he want went to Troy instantly when he started to live at their house and enrolled at the same school with him. For Marc, eveyrthing was ruined because of the integration of Troy to his family. On the other hand, Troy himself doesn't want his addition to Marc's family, and is having a rough time adjusting to the new environment he's currently trapped. The story got even so intense when the Sinagdiwa was dissolved by the Board of Trustees of Northbridge. Will Marc and Troy still feel the good vibes of their after life after the sudden twist?

The show just made me into it. I love the plot of the story because although the story is very common, it can also be related to real life situations which can be a source of good values and lessons to the people who share the same story with Marc and Troy. Second, I love the impact of the characters to the viewers, expecially the protagonists, Marc and Troy, because Sam and Enrique really portrayed the characters very well. I must say, they really did a great job! Third, I love the idea of creating a dance-serye since I love to dance. I am also addicted to Step Up movies. And with this Pinoy style of Step Up, it makes me proud to be a Pinoy because the brain behind this show are 100% Pinoy.

From my boring Sunday to an exciting one, Good Vibes changed my Sunday routine. Before, I only watch ASAP every Sunday and go hang outside, either go to the mall or non-stop surfing, but today, my eyes are now locked in to ASAP and GOOD VIBES. Kudos to the whole cast, the staff, the crew, and to the directors, Direk Lauren Dyogi, Direk Theodore Boborol, Direk Nico Hernandez.

Like the Official Facebook Fan Page of Good Vibes at http://facebook.com/GVcrew and follow their Official Twitter account, http://twitter.com/goodvibes_crew