Live, Love, Blog! Cebu Bloggers Society turns 7 years old!

Posted on Thursday, February 12, 2015 by Mr. Tambay


2015 marks the 7th Anniversary of Cebu Bloggers Society Inc. to be celebrated at Cebu City Marriot Hotel this coming February 15, 2015.

February 14 - People, especially the ones that are so deeply in love, will definitely remember this day, because this is the so-called Valentine's Day (Yeah, you're right! You're smelling something bitter hahaha). But on this day during 2008, Cebu Bloggers Society was born. And on this year, former and current members of Cebu Bloggers Society will gather at Cebu City Marriot Hotel this coming February 15 as the group celebrates its 7th birthday! Yey!

Let me quickly share my story as a Cebu Bloggers Society Inc (or CBSi) member. I joined the group last 2011. With me just being a 1 year-old blogger, Cebu Bloggers Society was my family in the blogosphere. This is where I grew as a blogger. As my way of paying back, I became an active member and then an officer for the organization. I was part of the Corporate Affairs Committee, headed by Agnes Jimenez back then, then later on became the Head of Junior CBSi. I am also one of those people who worked some asses to make every CBSi event successful.

I'll be honest, I rarely make blog posts nowadays. But the CBSi Family is still with me even though I took a very long hiatus from blogging. To be honest, while I was making this blog post, I remembered all the bondings and gatherings we had, meetings, events, eating sessions, or even just coffee breaks and mall meet-ups. It really was fun!

7 years may have past, people may have come and go, but the bond is still strong. Politics may have arised in the middle of our journey, but we strongly fought it like a family. And even though I can't call myself a full-pledged blogger anymore, my loyalty will still be with Cebu Bloggers Society. Over the years, we stayed strong, and we can still be strong in the years to come.

P.S.: I miss the CBSi Milkshake! Hahaha!

Here are some of my moments in CBSi:

While in CBSi, I also made a name. Unfortunately, these two folks share the same fate with me hahahaha! (Photo by Geezelle Tapangan)
Photo op with owners of BigScreen Entertainment as they toured us around. Oh, the skinny days! (Photo by Jean Lim)
Election of new CBSi Officers back in 2012, the night before I flew to Manila for the JENESYS 2012 Programme held in Japan. (Photo by Ruben Licera Jr.)
Just another CBSi gathering. Big thanks to Krispy Kreme for sponsoring it! (Photo by Mark Monta)