Finding my Niche at Cebu Blog Camp 2011

Posted on Saturday, June 4, 2011 by Mr. Tambay

May 21, 2011, Cebu Blog Camp was born. I am proud to say that it was my first ever blogging event that I attended. Because of this event, I managed to expand my horizons in the blogosphere.

Camwhoring at the photowall of Cebu Blog Camp 2011.

This year, Cebu Blog Camp once again made an impact to the Queen City of the South last May 28, 2011. Although the difference between last year's CBC to this year is that I attended as a 1-year-old blogger, meaning, I have a little know-how in blogging already. Last year, I joined CBC after I created my blog 6 days before the event. Many familiar faces and friends came to the event, as well as new faces, new bloggers, and aspiring and non-bloggers. No doubt, CBC is a good avenue to socialize with other bloggers around the Metro.


Manila Blogger friends, Jhelo and Mica, with Evanjohnn. Photo courtesy of Miong

Since the topic for this year's CBC was about niches. I figured that this is the right time to find my own niche. I've been blogging for 1 year now and I'm planning to have my own niche blog. But I still don't know what niche will I venture. This year's bonus topics are a thing or two about Piclyf and Mozilla Firefox 4. I am enjoying Firefox 4 right now and it is the shiznit! Still planning to create a Piclyf account though. Hopefully soon!

Great idea from AirPhil Express! Flight simulation.

After the Cebu Blog Camp, I finally had my choices. Yes, you read it right! CHOICES! I am rooting at 3 niches right now - PHOTOBLOGGING, TRAVEL, and FOOD blog - and I still need to decide which of them should I do first. I was thinking that PHOTOBLOGGING and TRAVEL needs a big financial back-up so I'm going for FOOD Blog as of the moment. Sad thing is, I don't have a camera to capture the sweet treats. Yeah, I know! A pathetic blogger who has a laptop but no camera. Maybe I just need to finish my studies first.

Lastly, I would like to congratulate the Cebu Blog Camp Team for a job well done! I know the feeling of organizing a big event like the CBC and I salute you for the successful event, especially the Head Organizer, Evanjohnn Mendoza, who did the preparations for the CBC and his Graduation simultaneously. Kudos brothas and sistahs!

That's it for now. I don't want to spoil the event guys but see you this May 26, 2012 for the Cebu Blog Camp 2012!

1st photo courtesy of Mikyu. 3rd photo courtesy of Jaysee.